Placing an order online
Harbor Freight Tools offers the convenience of placing orders through our website. Ordering is simple and secure! To place an order:
- Go to any product page on our website and click “Add to Cart”. Your item(s) will appear in your shopping cart. You may “continue” shopping or “proceed to checkout”.
- When you finish shopping, enter any applicable coupon codes in the “enter your coupon code here” box and then click the “proceed to checkout” button from your shopping cart.
- Sign in to your existing account, register a new account, or check out as a “guest” without creating an account. Note: creating an account will save you time on subsequent orders.
- Enter your shipping information then click on the “click here for shipping methods and costs” button. Select your method of shipping and then click the “continue” button.
- Enter your payment information, billing address and gift card number(s) (if applicable). Once the information is entered, click the “continue to review” button.
- Review your order. You may edit shipping or payment information, or if the order is correct, click “submit order” and print out a copy of the page for confirmation of your order. Note: if your order is incorrect, you may go back and add/subtract items and quantities as necessary. You will be prompted to re-enter your shipping, billing and payment information.
You will receive an email confirmation that your order successfully completed. Use the order number provided in the email for all order tracking inquiries.
Placing an order by phone
Please call 1-800-423-2567, Monday thru Saturday 5am to 9pm (PT), Sunday 6am to 6pm (PT). When ordering, please specify the product name and sku/item number as well as the quantity of each item you are ordering. Please have any flyers or coupons readily available.
PLACING AN ORDER BY FAX OR UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
Please print out and complete the order form. If paying by check or money order, make it out to Harbor Freight. If paying by credit card, the card holder must sign the order form in the space provided. You may fax the completed form to 1-805-482-1203 anytime or mail it to:
Attn: Order Dept. Harbor Freight Tools P.O. Box 6010 Camarillo, CA 93011-6010
Calculating order costs
Taxes - Sales Tax applies to your order in accordance with state regulations based on the shipping destination in all states with the exception of: Alaska, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, and Vermont.
Factors determining the amount of tax charged on your order may include freight charges, handling charges, the type of item purchased and certain discounts. Gift cards are not subject to sales tax.
Many states require you to independently pay tax on items purchased online when tax is not collected by the retailer. Please check your state regulations for details.
If you are exempt from paying tax, a Tax Exempt Certificate needs to be emailed to TaxSupport@harborfreight.com. If you place an order online, the tax cannot be removed automatically. The most efficient way to place a tax-free order is to contact our Call Center at 1-800-423-2567, available Monday thru Saturday 5am to 9pm (PT), Sunday 6am to 6pm (PT).
Shipping Costs — During the order process, you will be able to select your shipping method: standard, express and premium. Visit our Shipping & Delivery page for more details.
Overweight Charges — Items marked “Overweight Item” ship via truck freight line and are subject to an additional freight charge per overweight item. Orders exceeding 70 lbs. in the contiguous states or 150 lbs. outside are also subject to overweight charges.
Lift-gate charges may also apply. Visit our Shipping & Delivery page for more details.
Harbor Freight stores and the website accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and Harbor Freight gift cards. Checks and money orders are also accepted for orders placed via United States Postal Service.
If an order has one or more items on backorder, Harbor Freight will charge shipping on the entire merchandise total including the shipping cost for the item(s) on backorder. When a backordered item ships, you will only be charged for the item (plus tax if applicable). The item will be sent as soon as our warehouse receives the new shipment.
If using a debit card, we recommend that you deduct the full amount of your order from your records today to ensure funds are available when your item becomes available.
If the backordered item you selected is discontinued or otherwise unavailable, the item will be cancelled from your order and you will not be charged. If your item was discontinued, there may be a comparable item or upgraded version available. Please search our website or contact Customer Service for assistance at 1-800-444-3353, Monday thru Saturday, 5am to 9pm PT, or Sunday, 6am to 6pm (PT).
Harbor Freight Tools offers numerous coupons that can save you up to 80% on the original cost of an item.
Things to Know:
- Coupons cannot be combined with any other offers or coupons
- All coupons must contain an original barcode and expiration date
- Coupons cannot be bought, sold or transferred
- Coupons are not valid on prior purchases after 30 days from original purchase date
- Original coupon must be presented
- Each coupon contains a specific offer and restrictions
- Percent-off, dollar-off, or promotional item coupons are limited to one coupon per customer, per day
When ordering online, there is an “enter your coupon code here” field on the checkout screen. When coupons cannot be successfully applied, it may be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Coupon validation date has expired
- Item may be excluded from the offer
- Code does not match an existing offer (may be expired or invalid for another reason)
- Coupon has already been applied to your order or previous order – one coupon per item
- You’ve ordered the maximum amount of a given item per the coupon offer
- Coupon code is not yet active but will be in the near future
- Percentage-off and free coupon cannot be combined in the same order. Use one or the other
- Minimum purchase (item quantity or dollar amount) has not been reached
If your coupon does not fall under any of these categories, please contact Customer Service for additional assistance. We reserve the right to amend or suspend our coupon redemption policy at any time, without notice.